Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Samuari Karate Studio To Offer FREE Self Defense Workshop For Women

Samurai Karate Studio will be offering a FREE self defense workshop for women on Monday, Augus 29th at 7:30pm. This is the 3rd free workshop I am offering this year.

Why?
Because South Carolina ranks 6th in the nation in domestic violence!

Because it is back to school time and one of the most targeted ages for sexual assault, is girls 18 to 24 year!

The Mission

I am a man on a mission!  My goal is to reach out to the community and help empower as many women as possible.  If I can prevent ONE women from being sexually assaulted, or even murdered, well, then I will have done something GRAND in my life!  Yes?

The Workshop

During my workshop, I will share my knowledge in a classroom lecture setting, some important aspects of assault.  This typically will include dialog about self defense law, domestic violence facts, the 3 main reasons women get assaulted, attack indicators, what happens to the body when it is afraid, the power of your voice and common every day weapons.

Once everyone is comfortable with me, we move to the mat and target specific areas of self defense, including  stances, strikes and kicks and fighting multiple attackers.

We finish up by demonstrating specific techniques against assault, particularly choking.

Cost

The workshop is FREE as part of my community service initiative that is part of my school, however, I am asking for donations to The Samurai Foundation, which is a non-profit 503c organization that has been created to further serve women and children in need in the Richland Northeast Columbia communities.  If you go to the foundation's website, you can donate on line.

One Last Thing

The age of participation is 15 years or older.  Due to the senitive nature of some of the topics that are discussed, this workshop requires older, more mature teens.

As for one the mat training, please wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move around.  We train in our barefeet on the mat, so if necessary, bring slippers or socks if you are shy!

Lastly, bring an open mind and positive attitude.

Yes, attitude!

Why?

Because having a positive and confident attitude might make the difference between life or death in an assault and we practice and train, like we were on the street.  So, in the event something were to ever happen, your body is ready for it.

Self defense begins and ends with the mind!

Come prepared and ready and you will really enjoy this workshop.

Please call 803-462-9425 or email me at samuraikaratestudio@gmail.com to register for this event!  It will be limited to 30 participants.

Sensei Chris Feldt
Samurai Karate Studio
Columbia, SC 29229
803-462-9425

No comments:

Post a Comment