Thursday, October 13, 2011

WLTX Morning Show



This morning, my son Nathan and I were invited to appear on WLTX, a local Columbia television station to discuss my upcoming self defense workshop for women. The workshop is scheduled for this Monday, October 17th at 7:30pm. So far we have more than 20 women registered for this event.

I am offering this workshop in honor of Domestic Violence month, which runs throughout October. I feel passaionately about this subject, because sadly, my own state of South Carolina, ranks 6th in the nation in domestic violence and 9th in domestic violence murders.

The purpose of my workshop is not to make women become more aggressive; in fact, my research has shown the more confident a women is, the less likely she is going to need to resort to violence to defend herself.

No, my goal is to empower women should their life be threatened, so that they have some idea of how to defend and escape.

During the broadcast, we talked about things women can do to protect themselves as well as showed just a couple of simple techniques we will share in the workshop.

Thanks again to the wonderful staff at WLTX for inviting us and I look forward to working with this next group of women!

Sensei Chris Feldt
Samuari Karate Studio
Columbia, SC 29229
803-462-9425
samuraikaratestudio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment